Graignamanagh built on the River Barrow is located 6 km from Brandon View House B&B its situated at the foot of Brandon Hill. It is home to Duiske Abbey, the largest and perhaps the finest of the thirty-four medieval Cistercian abbeys in Ireland. The River Barrow, historically a significant highway, was developed as a commercial navigation in the mid seventeen hundreds and Graiguenamanagh served as the main base for commercial barges operating on the river until barge traffic ceased in 1959. The barges that at one time lined the quaysides are now replaced by some one hundred pleasure craft. Near to the town are the ruined remains of the early Christian church of Ullard, founded by Saint Fiachra in the sixth century.Some few miles downstream from Graiguenamanagh the ruins of the ancient monastic establishment at St. Mullins are situated in an area of great beauty and historic interest. Walking and hillclimbing are among the more popular pursuits of the Graiguenamanagh/St. Mullins area and with the South Leinster Way meandering through the lovely Barrrow Valley and traversing nearby Brandon Hill, scope is provided for the a gentle stroll or a vigorous,day-long hike. The Barrow’s aquatic facilities include fishing, swimming and kayaking.